Sunday, July 6, 2014

Updating Rift to use Glyph Launcher on Wine

From July onwards, Rift game will be launched from the Glyph Launcher.

If you are using Wine to run Rift,  the Rift Launcher will attempt to install Glyph and may crash out. The fix is quite simple:

Set Wine to emulate XP. The installer will run successfully. I did not have any luck using Vista as suggested by some.



Add a new shortcut to the GlyphClient.exe found in C:\Program Files\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe to your PlayOnLinux drive and launch it.

It should find Rift and you can go ahead and patch or play it!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

DEBIAN Wheezy/Squeeze/Kali Linux using WINE

This all worked for me up to the point where Glyph has to be opened. For this I just copied the entire directory from a virtualbox install I did directly to the .wine/c_drive/prgram files/glyph WITHOUT the GAMES directory, boot up again and voila

Unknown said...

PS> Must have DirectX9 installed into WINE

Alvin Ng said...

I'd switch back to Windows for this game. The performance isn't very good. I suppose DX emulation's the cause.