Thursday, May 1, 2014

OSX Rift and WINE

Rift doesn't have a native client on OSX. Oh well.


I didn't get very far with WineSkin so I thought I'll try PlayOnMac instead. I was using PlayOnLinux when I was using Ubuntu previously.


Install PlayOnMac 4.2.2 (http://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html)

Using PlayOnMac , pull the latest wine binary for POL.(Tools->Manage Wine Versions)



Installed VCRun2005, VCRun2008 and d3dx9

Set the display settings to

GLSL Support : Enabled

Direct Draw Render: OpenGL

Offscreen Rendering Mode: FBO

Strict Draw Ordering: Enabled

I had no luck launching the installer found on the site( it worked in WineSkin hours before however).


I used this patcher instead..

http://update2.triongames.com/patcher/public/Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup.exe


The installer will run and exit, run it again to patch the patcher(you may encounter a few more crashes but it should work in the end)


The final shortcut installed should be the main launcher for the client.






No comments: